Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oy Gevalt!!! Again with the #$%^n Fees - Rental Cars in Toronto

So, trying to be a little more green here, I got rid of my car and thought, now that I'm living in DT Toronto, I'd do as many locals do, which is what I did in Manhattan as well - rent when you need car. Take the subway, ride your bike, take a cab, rent a car.

This prospect seems to be attractive, and one that I used to undertake - rent when you need a car.

I've just finished looking in to reservations with Hertz and Avis in the downtown core, there is a $10 per DAY surcharge on all reservations. Like WTF??? Am I now responsible for a rental car company's expenses? Ok, maybe adjust your rental rates up, as is the practice in different markets, big cities are generally more than smaller ones where real estate is cheaper. But $10 a day, I don't even have the car there. Jeezuz H Christ I swear sometimes we exist just so companies can charge us fees. Our life is fees and taxes. Our environment, which should be host, is parasitic, and every company or government org has some fee to reach in to our pockets.

As an fyi to anyone renting in Toronto, look outside the downtown core for a rental, there may not be a fee. I found an Avis in HighPark that doesn't charge this fee. To those downtown locations, go self procreate yourself.

: )

Sincerely,
Morley.

1 comment:

  1. Morley
    Just found your blogspot. Keep up the great work.
    I will get the word out and please visit me at

    asktheconsumeradvocate.blogspot.com

    and leave your input.

    ReplyDelete