Monday, January 24, 2011

American Airlines' Added Fees Crash and Burn the Customer

Well, let's see, where to start.
Hmm, well, if you're leaving one city, and going to another, and if that destination city is several hours away, couldn't one really assume that you'd, um, say, bring clothes and other such personal items? You know, like, luggage.

I made the mistake of thinking I got a 'deal' or a 'good rate' for a flight by AA on Expedia. But once I tacked on the extra $100+ for my luggage, no longer a deal. Baggage fees? WTF. Really, what are you thinking? Of course we have a luggage. And to make matters worse, there's the tweaking of the fees around weight. Plus, on a flight from Toronto to LA, no food. Well, ok, maybe I can see if they want to cut back, fine, we'll bring or buy food. Thanks for the drinks, although $6 for a beer is a bit rich in a captive market.

I think they should rebrand the airline, Chizzler Airlines. And any other airline that can't seem to make $$ by running it's underlying business - air transportation of people, by coming up with added, 'obvious' fees that should be included as part of your ticket.

So, AA, kiss my consumer ass, I'm not flying AA anymore. I'll fly an airline that has figured out how to provide good service, for a good price and not nickel and dime us. Ever hear of Southwest? Try flying on one of their flights and maybe you could school yourselves on customer service.

Morley

Let AA know you think it's time to bag the baggage fees.
File a complaint here:

Or check out more airline chicanery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment